A landing page is referred to as a single web page that helps visitors in assisting to take specific steps. It can be a result of a response to clicks on an online advertisement or email as well.
1. A Clear and Compelling Headline
The headline plays an important role in the “required engagement” of the website. Visitors can get intrigued just by reading the headline.
A headline should be accurate, briefly written, catchy, and easy to read and understand.
Few ways to create effective headlines
- Usage of Numbers
- Educating the masses
- Defining the Offer Value
- Unique title
- Using 2nd person in headlines
2. Persuasive Copywriting
Copywriting uses the power of words and persuades users to take action.
Powerful words, numbers, and statistics, attractive headlines and strong call-to-action leads to persuasive copywriting.
Effective Ways for a persuasive copywriting
- Using stories for attraction
- Seeking the audience’s requirement
- Using simple yet captivating words and writing in a buyer’s language
- Enunciating authority
- Focusing on benefits rather than focusing on Features
3. Strong Visuals
Visuals can help boost your landing page and enhance the user experience as well. Visuals turn out to be powerful even when texts somewhere seem to lack engaging qualities.
Various types of visuals can be incorporated into landing pages including videos, images, colors for enhancement, and gifs too.
Effective ways for some strong visuals
- Videos: Videos work great to do the required storytelling with animations, graphics, etc.
- Images: People want to know the look of the product along with its features and benefits. Studies also mention that images of people appear to be more captivating and attractive conveying positive emotions to users.
- Colors: Strong color palettes play an important role in attracting visitors. Further, with the help of various editing strategies at play, it becomes easier to portray a seller’s message.
- Collection of Imagery and Data Visualization: A collection of imagery and data visualization known as infographics is also a great way to portray messages and get traffic.
4. Clear Call-to-Action
A strong call-to-action encourages users to take action and pay for the product or service. It also helps in acquiring traffic.
Choosing the best location is important as users look for call-to-action buttons in a prominent position. The seller must also be aware of the desired action that needs to be taken as well.
Effective ways for a strong call-to-action
- Intriguing words: Attractive words should be used such as Click Here, Subscribe, and Buy Now.
- Urgency: Phrases such as Buy Now and Apply Now excite users and fills their mind that it is a limited deal for them. They are more likely to take action immediately.
- Actions explaining reasons: Actions explaining why users should purchase, apply, etc. make it clear to the user that the product is trustworthy.
5. Social Proof – Testimonials/Success Stories
Social proofs help in building trust with the users. It is through various stories, reviews, and testimonials that a user seems to trust the product or service and invest their time and money in it.
Social proof can be found in the form of reviews, testimonials, success stories, ratings, etc.
Ways to an Effective Social Proof
- Should be trustworthy: Social proofs are for believing and thus, one should not publish it fake on the website to gather the crowd.
- Free products or trials: Another strategy is to give free products or trials. Asking for feedback and reviews is a plus.
A landing page is a webpage with creative ideas to convert and engage users. Elements including a clear and compelling headline, call-to-action, copywriting, visuals, and usage of social proof can make it attractive enough to gather the crowd and engage users till the end.