Technical SEO and Its Importance
Technical SEO optimizes the technical features of a site to improve SEO. Further, its activities are intended to improve the user experience in various ways.
In addition to creating a positive user experience, performing Technical SEO makes pages of your site accessible to search engines.
It helps in identifying the keywords and phrases used by your target audience when searching for items or services comparable to yours.
Goals and Objectives of Technical SEO
SEO goals are objectives where each goal appears to contribute to the purpose of SEO such as creating a website that is SEO-friendly. These goals aim in bringing determination and clarity to your plan or strategy.
- Think of what and when you wish to achieve your goal.
- Section your main goal into smaller performance goals for a successful outcome.
- You can further divide performance goals into smaller process goals that totally remain under your control.
Technical SEO Checklist
A. Site Speed and Performance Optimization
- You may utilize website optimization to not only attract more visitors but also to deliver a great user experience and enhance conversions. The speed of your site also affects your ranking. You can check your website speed by using optimizing tools such as GTmetrix.
- You must impress users by providing a fast-loading page, or they will leave and not shop with you. If your site appears to be receiving more HTTP requests,
your user’s requested page takes a long time to respond. To reduce HTTP requests, you can-
• Determine which plug-ins are essential to your website and delete those that aren’t. You can opt for streamlined plug-ins as well over heavy ones.
• Compressing the size of the images and removing unwanted images from your site would reduce HTTP requests. Also, delete the unnecessary videos that add no value.
• Opt for content caching. For it, avoid the utilization of cookies; use the same URL for similar content and build up a library for your images.
• Third-party servers take time to respond so try to avoid using the content of third parties. However, you can replace such plug-ins too.
B. Website Structure and Navigation
- Header tags help in ranking your website in search engines. Text under header tags is larger and bolder helping the user to get the main points of the topic. It further gives clarity to the page’s structure and content to search engines.
- Search engines discover, crawl, and index all of your website’s content with a sitemap. Sitemaps are normally written in XML and it should be included on every website. It further helps in increasing your visibility on the web as well.
- Fix broken links and redirects as it results in a poor user experience.
C. Mobile Responsiveness and Optimization
- Use a design that is responsive on mobile devices. Google checks your website’s responsiveness on mobile devices and ranks according to it. Mobile-friendly website helps in increasing conversions and engagements. In fact, you’ll have a boost in mobile traffic as well.
- Implement Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and increase your webpage’s speed on mobile devices.
D. Security and HTTPS Implementation
- Install an SSL certificate to securely send your website’s data using the HTTPS protocol. It becomes helpful when transferring sensitive data such as credit card information on checkout pages and personally identifiable information (PII) on forms.
- Redirect HTTP to HTTPS as HTTPS helps is securing and transmitting data more securely. Then again, it requires less to no money to earn an SSL certificate.
To conclude, technical SEO is critical in your SEO strategy, as is getting it correctly. The above Technical SEO Checklist ensures search engines can crawl and index your website without difficulty. Except for quarterly SEO audits, you won’t have to bother if you got your Technical SEO right.