Businesses use Facebook ads in promoting their products or services on Facebook. With the growing user base, marketing is becoming competitive here.
Facebook advertising costs depend on various factors:
- Usually, ads for a broader audience cost more than those with a smaller audience.
- Ad cost is impacted by your campaign’s number of days and hours.
- Average ad costs vary widely according to country.
There are various types of Facebook ads. Some of them are:
Video ads showcase your product or services on Facebook. Here, your shorter videos appear more engaging than the longer ones to the audience. However, video ads can be expensive and laborious too.
Images appear to be the most basic ad format on Facebook. These are easy to create and with compelling visuals, image ads turn out to be a perfect fit for your Facebook campaign.
Slideshow ads are in the form of a slideshow with images or a video. These ads use five times less data than video ads.
Facebook Stories ads appear vertically on your phone screen helping users to engage, interact and share content. It can be in the form of an image ad or a video ad format.
Facebook Messenger ads may appear in your user’s Messenger app or can start direct message conversations with your user. It can be in the form of sponsored messages, click-to-messenger ads, messenger inbox ads, or messenger stories ads.
How to post Ads?
Firstly, create a Facebook business page. You can then move to the Ads Manager to create your Facebook ad campaign.
Facebook Ads Manager is a compact tool that helps your ads to run on Facebook and Messenger.
- Start by logging into the Facebook Ads Manager with your ad account. Select the campaigns tab and click on the Create button.
You will find 11 marketing objectives including brand awareness, reach, traffic, engagement, and seven others. Choose your campaign objective and proceed to the next steps.
- Set up a name for your Facebook Ad campaign and declare if your ads are related to any Special Ad Categories from the drop-down menu.
You might want to click on Get Started in the A/B test section if you want the A/B split test. You can further turn on the Advantage Campaign Budget+ at the bottom of the page.
Click on Next.
- Put your Ad set name at the top of the page.
Set the budget for your Facebook ad campaign in the budget section. Also, set your daily or lifetime budget along with scheduling the start and end dates for the campaign.
- Start building your target audience by selecting a target location, age, and gender. The audience size indicator on the right side shows you the potential ad reach.
You can get really specific with the Detailed Target field by including or excluding people based on demographics, interests, and behaviors.
- Then you can make the simplest choice of using Advantage + Placements (if you’re new here). With this, Facebook will place your ads across Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger.
You can select Manual Placements too which gives you control over where you want your ads to appear. You’ll find various placement options giving you effective opportunities.
- Move to Brand Safety Section to exclude any types of inappropriate content in your ad.
- Create the ad by choosing your ad format and then entering the text followed by the media components.
You can use the preview tool to see if all is good with your ad. Finally, launch your ad by clicking on Publish button.
Facebook is a growing platform with a huge user base. Your business needs a greater reach and Facebook can turn out to be the best for it with effective products and a good strategic plan of yours.