Video content is so popular that you can find over 2.68 billion users using YouTube. YouTube is one of the oldest platforms and it has been growing in popularity since its launch in 2005. With YouTube monetization, you are able to make money for your video content.
Here are a few ways to monetize your YouTube channel.
Meet the criteria for monetization
You can monetize YouTube through YouTube Partner Program (YPP) but before applying for it, certain requirements are to be fulfilled.
- Your channel must have 1000 subscribers.
- Your channel must have 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months.
By building a subscriber base with that consistent compelling content these criteria could be met.
High-quality content creation
In YouTube due to its competitiveness, it’s important to create quality content that will be engaging to your viewer. With high-quality video content, you’ll be able to acquire likes, shares, and views and enhance the watching time of viewers for your videos.
High-quality content has got high-quality audio, video, and editing in it altogether. Make it mobile compatible and you’ll attract large numbers of viewers as many use mobile for YouTube.
A few types of content that tend to do well on YouTube are –
- Funny Animals
- Tutorial Videos
- Games Walkthrough
- Educational Videos
Strong subscriber base
YouTube subscribers are important because, with the help of it, you know how many people out there are interested in your content. These subscribers are the ones who are more likely to like, view and share your content with their beloved ones as well.
Watch hours is basically the watching time percentage of your viewer. It determines how engaging your content has been. With a higher percentage of watching time, your video is most likely to rank well.
A few ideas for attracting subscribers are –
- Create high-quality videos
- Be consistent and frequent with your videos
- Create an informative and engaging channel
- You can use social media as well to promote your channel
Ways for monetizing a YouTube channel are as follows:
- YouTube ads: It is the easiest way for creators to earn money on YouTube. You can make these ads appear in the middle or start of your video.
- Channel Membership: It is basically a monthly subscription plan where your subscribers are provided with exclusive benefits.
- Super Chat: Super Chat is a highlighted chat that tends to stand out among others in live streams and premiers.
- Merchandise sales: You can use YouTube to showcase your brand’s merchandise and earn money from it. An estimated $6 million was earned by PewDiePie with the help of it in one month.
Avoid common pitfalls
Mistakes that creators often make is focusing more on earning from YouTube than influencing their viewers. Remember that your viewers should be provided with valuable and quality content and then only you’ll be able to earn from the channel.
Be focused on your goal and don’t rush to ways such as running ads to earn money. It will not help in engaging your viewers for a long time. Also, run ads that are relevant to your content; even if the brand is offering a large sum of money. Just do the right thing with strategy and have patience.
YouTube has become the most popular platform from where you can earn money by showcasing your passion and creativity. Using one, two, or more of the monetization strategies described above you’ll be able to make your channel an effective one. Always prioritize your viewers first and create quality, valuable content for them.
Be focused on your content and try to be better as a career in YouTube is estimated to grow with each passing day. So, push yourself for the hard work in the right ways and get awarded for it.